Pre-insulated Uponor AquaPEX®
for potable-plumbing applications and pre-insulated Wirsbo hePEX™ for heating and cooling applications was named a Commercial Architecture 2016 Product of the Year
Here are 3 reasons why these PEX piping systems are top of their class in the HVAC and plumbing industries.
1. Uponor pre-insulated PEX pipes comply with the International Energy Conversation Code (IECC), which means the system contributes to an energy-efficient structure.
2. Pre-insulated PEX pipes come in various pipe sizes and configurations to meet any application design. Need pre-insulated pipe in coils or straight lengths? A system for heating/cooling or plumbing? How about PEX pipe sizes up to 2"? Then this is the product for you. Not only is the PEX pipe flexible, but so is the offering.
3. Most importantly, pre-insulated PEX pipes are available with ½", 1", 1½" and 2" insulation that features manufactured sealed seams running the entire length of the coil or straight-length pipe.
It was also announced that Uponor Ecoflex®
potable PEX plus pipes were named a 2016 Retrofit Top 50 Product
as well as a Top 101 Plumbing Product
by Building Design + Construction (ranking 6th
Here are 3 reasons why Ecoflex potable PEX plus pipes are considered the best in the business.
1. Uponor Ecoflex potable PEX plus pipes are designed for hydronic transfer in a variety of heating, cooling and potable-water applications for residential and commercial applications.
2. Ecoflex potable PEX plus pipes feature a self-regulating heat trace wire on the PEX pipe to prevent the water in the pipe from freezing in the frigid winter months.
3. The pipe offering includes 1¼" Uponor AquaPEX service pipe surrounded by a thick, 5½", multilayer, polyethylene-foam insulation which is then covered by a corrugated HDPE jacket, making it ideal for direct-burial applications.
Watch the video below to learn more about Uponor Ecoflex pre-insulated piping systems.
Interested in learning even more about pre-insulated PEX pipes? Check out our FAQs page.