Ecoflex® pre-insulated piping systems
An efficient, sustainable solution for underground or aboveground hydronic hot-water heating, chilled-water cooling or domestic-water applications
What is Ecoflex?
Ecoflex is a pre-insulated piping system with single or twin Uponor PEX-a service pipes at its core in sizes up to 4". The PEX pipes are surrounded by multi-layer, PEX-foam insulation and covered by a corrugated, watertight, HDPE jacket for the ultimate in energy-efficiency and protection.
Ecoflex benefits over other plastic pre-insulated pipes
- High-quality PEX-foam insulation protects against heat loss
- Multi-layer foam not bonded to the pipe (more flexible, easier to make connections)
- Tightest bend radius to eliminate unnecessary connections
- Custom cut-to-length service
- Pipe uncoilers available for easy installation into a trench
- ProPEX® expansion fitting system available up to 3"
- WIPEX™ compression fitting system available up to 4"
- In-house and on-site support team
How Ecoflex can cut install time up to 60%
Ecoflex benefits over rigid pre-insulated pipes
- Lightweight for easier job site transport
- Corrosion resistant for decades of reliable service
- Flexible, long coil lengths to eliminate most underground joints
- No welding or soldering
- No expansion loops or concrete anchors
- No need for straight or level trenches
- No two-step process of insulation after pipe installation
See how Ecoflex solves a complex retrofit job
What makes pre-insulated PEX piping good for underground applications?
PEX-a is considered superior because its manufacturing method crosslinks the polyethylene molecules during the pipe-extrusion process when the material is in its amorphic state (above the crystalline melting point).
The resulting uniform crosslinking delivers greater flexibility and increased thermal and elastic memory in the pipe.